Friday, October 19, 2007

Escape to the Highlands

I have been struggling to get another batch of submissions off before going to Scotland tomorrow. Needless to say, with all the strife from my supposed-to-be-very-part-time-work, I've done neither writing nor editing for over a week. I've been hoping that an internet-free cottage in the Highlands will give me the excuse I need to ignore everything else. I can't do any horrible-hosting work, can't research, can't go blogging. I'll have all evening just to write. I might have to eat something, I suppose, but that's about it.

Unfortunately, not only did I not find time to write during the last ten days, I didn't find time to book an internet-free cottage in the Highlands either. I started phoning round this afternoon (yep, a mere twenty-four hours before we plan to leave home), and now understand why everyone gets so narked about school-holiday-restricted holidays. Some places have been booked up for a year.

Well, I found one eventually. It has all the mod cons: washer, dryer, disher, microwave, DVD, HiFi, and...er...WiFi.

Okay, so a non-internet-free cottage in the Highlands is better than none at all; but, if you catch me blogging, slap my hand, and send me back to work.

9 comments:

Rose Red Art said...

Where about in the highlands are you going?

Anonymous said...

Strathspey.
Usually Glen Feshie, but this time to Boat of Garten.

Lane Mathias said...

I will be very pleased to see you Leigh, but I will send you straight back with a severe reprimand:-)

Have a sooperly dooper time. I'm sure you'll get loads done:-)
xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lane!

I shall endeavour to avoid discipline by sneaking in when no one's looking!

Unknown said...

Write, write, write and ENJOY :-)

Jenny Beattie said...

I do so admire your discipline to ignore the wifi, Leigh. I am so crap that I am blogging away on my lovely holiday!

Well done you and see you soon.

JJx

Anonymous said...

Er, not exactly ignoring it, JJ; but doing pretty well!

Thanks Liz, I'm enjoying the micro bit of writing I've managed to do so far!

Rebecca said...

A cottage in the Highlands sounds wonderful - internet or not.

And having mastered the very difficult art of waiting Patiently you should have no difficulty with the discipline of a self -imposed internet ban!

Anonymous said...

[whispers] No chance...